What are cookies?
Cookies are small (text) files that are received at the terminal from a web site visited and used to record certain interactions of navigation on a website to store data that can be updated and retrieved.
These files are stored on the user’s computer and contain anonymous data that is not harmful to your computer. They are used to remind user’s preferences like language and access data or personalization.
What uses do the different types of cookies have?
According to its purpose
– Technical cookies – Cookies that enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the various options or services thereon, including controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering items in an order, making purchases of an order, filling out a registration application or request to participate in an event, using security items while browsing, storing content to disseminate video or sound files and sharing content over social networks.
– Customization cookies – Cookies that enable the user to access the service with certain general features predefined on the user’s device based on a series of criteria, such as language, browser used to access the service, regional configuration for where the service is accessed, etc.
– Analytical cookies – Cookies that enable those responsible for them to track and analyze the behavior of websites to which they are related. The data gathered through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create a browsing profile for the website, application or platform users in order to analyze the data regarding the use the user makes of the service.
– Advertising cookies – Cookies that allow for the most effective possible management of the advertising space, if any, that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content published or frequency with which ads are shown.
According to term
– Session cookies – Cookies designed to gather and store information during a user’s browsing session. They are usually used to store information useful only to provide the service requested by the user in a single session
– Persistent cookies – Cookies that remain stored on the technical equipment and may be accessed and processed during the lifetime of the cookie, which is defined by the party responsible for the cookie and may last from a few minutes to several years.
Some web sites can install third-party cookies. We do not control the cookies used by these third party external websites. For more information on cookies alienate websites advise to check their own cookies policy.
This site uses Google Analytics
Google Analytics cookie: Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google Inc. that collects information about the pages of the website consulted, at what time, what web browser, etc. Subsequently, this information is sent to the servers of Google Inc. in the United States.
How do you manage cookies?
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org